We are now seeking an experienced membrane protein biochemist to join the Protein Expression and Biochemistry group at our research facility on
Granta Park, Cambridge, UK, working on membrane protein biochemical
characterisation to enable drug discovery efforts.
At Sosei Heptares we are equipped with state-of-the-art protein expression,
purification, SPR, mass-spec, crystallisation and cryoEM facilities.
Applicants should be proficient in the expression and purification of
challenging membrane proteins destined for biochemical, biophysical and
structural studies. A proven track record of publications related to the
expression, purification, and biochemical characterisation of difficult
membrane protein targets in peer-reviewed journals is highly desirable.
This is an exceptional opportunity to participate in pioneering science
with an Industry-leading Drug Discovery company.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Express and purify challenging membrane proteins
- Perform appropriate quality control analyses and biochemically and
biophysically characterise purified membrane proteins
- Keep up to date, propose, develop, implement and optimise new
techniques in the fields of membrane protein expression, purification and
- Collaborate with other Sosei Heptares scientists on research projects,
working closely with molecular biologists, biophysicists and structural
- Prepare and effectively present results (written and oral) to program
Have strong interpersonal skills and interact effectively with
collaborators across a wide range of disciplines
- Candidates should have or are about to obtain a PhD in biochemistry,
biophysics or a related discipline
- Possess extensive molecular biology skills and be knowledgeable in
expression construct design and engineering
- Proficient in the expression of membrane proteins from
baculovirus/insect cells and/or mammalian cells
- Proficient in the purification and extensive biochemical
characterisation of membrane proteins
- Familiar with the biochemical and biophysical techniques used to
characterise proteins such as luminescence, fluorescence and FRET-based
- Candidates should understand the requirements of purified membrane
proteins destined for structural (X-ray and/or CryoEM) and biophysical studies (SPR, mass spec)
Applicants must be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in the United Kingdom.
The successful candidate will be employed by Heptares Therapeutics Ltd, a
UK wholly owned subsidiary of Sosei Group Corporation.
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and
experience, and benefits package including pension and healthcare schemes.
Applications should include a covering letter, providing a short
description of the background to their interest in the role, with
curriculum vitae including the names and contact details for two referees.
Please apply through our on-line jobs portal with your application in pdf
format, quoting reference number 2020-5BMS.
The closing date for applications is 4th September 2020
Strictly No Agencies