[ccp4bb] Invitation - School on X-ray and Neutron Diffraction Techniques - May 28-30 2018 - Ghent, Belgium

Dear colleagues,

Under the auspices of the Belgian Biophysical Society, and supported by the Doctoral School of Natural Sciences – UGent, we would like to invite you to the School on X-ray and Neutron Diffraction Techniques, hosted by Ghent University, which will be held at the VIB-UGent Center for Inflammation Research in Zwijnaarde (Ghent), Belgium, on May 28-30, 2018.

The aim of the school is to provide a survey of the broad range of X-ray and neutron scattering methods and their application to investigate biological structures and processes. Starting from an introduction to the basics of X-ray and neutron scattering we will move on to their application to study proteins and their complexes with other proteins or nucleic acids, to probe lipid/membrane structures and biological processes such as bacterial metabolism. Our program will also provide a survey of the state-of-the-art in terms of research facilities available worldwide to enable experimental work employing X-ray and neutron scattering.

Our school is organized such that no prior knowledge of scattering techniques is required.

For further information, venue and registration, please see the website:

www.biophysics.be

Please do not hesitate to forward this to colleagues who might be interested.

Looking forward seeing you on May 28-30, 2018!

On behalf of the organizers:

Kristof Van Hecke (UGent), Filip Meersman (UAntwerpen) and Savvas Savvides (UGent)