We are pleased to announce the eighth edition of the Macromolecular Crystallography School 2017, to
be held at the Institute Química-Física Rocasolano- CSIC (Madrid, Spain).
Dates: May 5 - 10, 2017
Invited speakers and tutors:
- Paul Adams, Berkeley, USA
- Pavel Afonine, Berkeley, USA
- Armando Albert, Madrid, Spain
- Roeland Boer, Barcelona, Spain
- Jose M Carazo, Madrid, Spain
- Kay Diederichs, Konstanz, Germany
- Paul Emsley, Cambridge, UK
- Rafael Fernández-Leiro, Cambridge, UK
- Carmelo Giacovazzo, Bari, Italy
- Xavier Gomis-Ruth, Barcelona, Spain
- Juan A. Hermoso, Madrid, Spain
- Eugene Krissinel, Oxford, UK
- José Martín-García, Arizona, USA
- Rob Nicholls, Cambridge, UK
- Maria Solá, Barcelona, Spain
- Isabel Usón, Barcelona, Spain
Please find attached the program of the Workshop, the application form and further information, at http://www.xtal.iqfr.csic.es/MCS2017/
The workshop has been designed for postgraduate, postdoctoral and research scientists that deal with macromolecular crystallography but
need further knowledge on the routine uses, the state of the art and fundamentals that underlie the modern techniques for macromolecular
crystallography. The topics will cover crystallographic computing and fundamentals using XDS, CCP4 and Phenix, as well as the state of the
art on topics such as the strategies for protein production, data collection,phasing and refinement with ARCCIMBOLDO, SHELX and SIR2014 and modeling
This year we have introduced full-day on breakthrough techniques such as XFEL and cryo EM.
MCS2017 will provide six days of lectures and workshops. The course is designed for 25 highly motivated attendants.
Requests to participate must be sent by a free-formated E-mail, before March 10, 2017 to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating
the motivation to participate and experience on macromolecular crystallography and including a letter of recommendation from PhD
Director (only for PhD students).
Accepted participants will be notified by e-mail before March 17, 2017.
Armando Albert (email@example.com ), Juan A. Hermoso