The World’s Most Dedicated Never Give Up
There’s a reason St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is consistently ranked on Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Places to Work For” list. Because at our world-class pediatric research hospital, every one of our professionals shares our commitment to make a difference in the lives of the children we serve. There’s a unique bond when you’re part of a team that gives their all to advance the treatments and cures of pediatric catastrophic diseases. The result is a collaborative, positive environment where everyone, regardless of their role, receives the resources, support and encouragement to advance and grow their careers and be the force behind the cures.
St. Jude is setting up a new, state-of-the-art cryoEM facility that will house a 300kV Titan Krios and a 200 kV Talos Arctica electron microscope, both equipped with a K3 direct electron detector and energy filter, for high resolution structural studies of biological molecules as well as a 120kV instrument for routine electron microscopy applications. The cryoEM facility will be supported by the newly established St. Jude Data Center, which houses a 6,400-core high performance computing facility.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the team as a cryoEM IT scientist to support the mission of the facility in high resolution cryoEM. You will be responsible for installing, configuring, maintaining and overseeing computational resources in the cryoEM facility including software and hardware, troubleshooting, training and assisting users, participating in the development of new computational tools and methods in cryoEM, and performing other duties as assigned. Salary will be competitive and will be commensurate with experience of the candidate.
· Installing, configuring, maintaining and overseeing computational resources in the cryoEM facility including software and hardware.
· Configuring and maintaining the on-line booking/logging system at the facility.
· Participating in and assisting cryoEM image processing workflow.
· Training, assisting and overseeing users in usage of computational resources.
· Developing and implementing new scripts, web interfaces, tools, approaches, and/or strategies to facilitate all aspects of cryoEM data handling to help advance cryoEM to atomic resolution.
· Work and collaborate with the IT team at the St. Jude Data Center on data processing, data transferring and data storage.
· Managing computational resources in the cryoEM facility, including, but not limited to, organizing the resources, ordering supplies, keeping records, writing reports, and other activities as assigned.
· Two (2) years of relevant experience required. CryoEM experience preferred
· Familiar with UNIX/Linux, CentOS;
· Experience in Python programing and shell scripting;
· Experience in high performance computing/Linux cluster is a plus;
· Strong motivation and ability to learn and practice new concepts/tools/techniques;
· Ability in working both independently and collaboratively as a team member;
· Excellent problem-solving skills;
· Strong oral and written skills;
· A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, or a PhD in biochemistry, biophysics, structural biology or a related field
Ready to join a team that stops at nothing, because we believe anything is possible?
Apply now at: https://bit.ly/2KPuTnz
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. St. Jude does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, sex, genetic information, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, veteran’s status or disabled veteran’s status with respect to employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment. St. Jude engages in affirmative action to increase employment opportunities for minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Email Disclaimer: www.stjude.org/emaildisclaimer
Consultation Disclaimer: www.stjude.org/consultationdisclaimer