The World’s Brightest Minds Always Innovate
At St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, we know what can be achieved when the brightest scientific minds face the fewest barriers. That’s why we provide world-class facilities. State-of-the-art technologies. Extraordinary support. And a collaborative, bench-to-bedside environment where you can see, firsthand, how your science translates into survival for the children we serve. Quite simply, at St. Jude, we encourage you to dream big, and we give you everything you need to be the force behind our cures.
St. Jude is setting up a new, state-of-the-art cryoEM facility that will house a 300kV Titan Krios and a 200 kV Talos Arctica electron microscope, both equipped with a K3 direct electron detector and energy filter, for high resolution structural studies of biological molecules as well as a 120kV instrument for routine electron microscopy applications. The cryoEM facility will be supported by the newly established St. Jude Data Center, which houses a 6,400-core high performance computing facility.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the team as a cryoEM scientist to support the mission of the facility in high resolution cryoEM. The successful candidate will be responsible for operating and maintaining those electron microscopes on the daily basis, training and assisting users, participating in development of cryoEM technology, and performing other duties as assigned. Salary will be competitive and will be commensurate with experience of the candidate.
· Daily operation and maintenance of electron microscopes, serving as an interface to the electron microscope manufacture’s engineers to ensure optimal performance of the instruments;
· Operation and maintenance of cryoEM-related ancillary equipment such as Vitrobot, carbon coater, plasma cleaner, etc.
· Sample preparation with FEI Vitrobot and manual plunger-freezer;
· CryoEM image collection;
· Training, assisting and overseeing users in sample preparation and data collection;
· Managing the cryoEM facility, including, but not limited to organizing the labs, ordering supplies, keeping records, writing reports, and other activities as assigned;
· Developing and implementing efficient strategies for sample preparation and data collection;
· Participating in development and implementation of new methods/techniques in cryoEM;
· A minimum of 2-5 years of experience in cryoEM analysis of biological molecules;
· Hands-on experience in operation of electron microscopes for image collection;
· Hands-on experience in operation of Vitrobot, manual plunger and/or other related equipment in biological electron microscopy;
· Experience in high resolution cryoEM;
· Hands-on experience in usage of cryoEM software such as Leginon for automated image collection;
· Hands-on experience in operation of Titan Krios and Talos Arctica;
· Experience in cryo electron tomography a plus;
· Skills in working and communicating with scientists at all levels;
· Ability in working on multiple challenging tasks in a rapidly-paced environment.
· A strong publication record;
· A PhD in biochemistry, biophysics, structural biology or a related field
Ready to join a team that is always innovating, because we believe anything is possible?
Apply now at: https://bit.ly/2I8jyRU
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. St. Jude does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, sex, genetic information, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, veteran’s status or disabled veteran’s status with respect to employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment. St. Jude engages in affirmative action to increase employment opportunities for minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Email Disclaimer: www.stjude.org/emaildisclaimer
Consultation Disclaimer: www.stjude.org/consultationdisclaimer