I would like to draw your attention to the position of the Director of Vienna BioCenter Core Facilities:
The Vienna BioCenter (VBC), http://viennabiocenter.org/ ,is one of the leading multidisciplinary biomedical research centers in Europe and the premier location for Life Sciences in Austria. Its research institutions include the Institute of Molecular Pathology (IMP), the Institute of Molecular Biotechnology (IMBA), the Gregor Mendel Institute (GMI), and the Max F. Perutz Laboratories (MFPL). The VBC further hosts 17 biotech companies. The VBC has attracted excellent scientists from 70 different nations as well as substantial pri- vate and public funding.
The Vienna BioCenter Core Facilities (VBCF) GmbH, http://www.vbcf.ac.at/, provides research infrastructure to researchers at the VBC and beyond. It currently employs a staff of 80 and is funded by a grant from the Austrian Science Ministry, the City of Vienna and user fees. Since its foundation in 2010, VBCF has succeeded in implementing a broad range of outstanding infrastructure, to recruit highly-qualified experts, and to develop a unique portfolio of research services. In parallel, VBCF has become a flagship for cutting-edge technologies essential for top-level research in Vienna.
The Director is responsible for overseeing and coordinating all scientific, technology and management aspects of the VBCF core facilities in interaction with the shareholders and the funding bodies.
• Leadership of the VBCF and definition of long-term objectives of the VBCF in dialogue with the VBC stakeholders
• Developing a common vision, strategy and objectives (technologies, equipment, human resources, budget, etc.) for the core facilities
• Overseeing and coordinating the core facilities (including budget, investments and finances)
• Coordinating technology sharing, upgrading and scouting
• Contact to the policy makers for scientific infrastructure at Austrian and European level and contact to the funding bodies
• Promoting an integrated management information system
• Representing the platforms in main executive and strategic bodies
• Promoting internal and external training activities in state-of-the-art technologies
• Involvement in the VBC Life Science Campus development
• Coordinating and boosting dissemination and outreach activities
The candidate is expected to have a background in molecular biology (PhD degree), excellent organizational, communication, leadership, and management skills. He/she should have at least 10 years experience in research and management in academia or the private sector.
High interest and experience in existing and emerging technology platforms is strongly recommended. Some experience with European funding schemes is appreciated. The candidate is expected to be fluent in English and German. This position offers a competitive executive compensation package on a growing and vibrant campus.
How to apply:
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, contact information for three references and a C.V. to:
January 31st , 2018
-- Department of Structural and Computational Biology Max F. Perutz Laboratories University of Vienna Vienna Biocenter (VBC), Campus Vienna Biocenter 5 A-1030 Vienna Austria e-mail: email@example.com Phone: +43-1-4277-52203 Phone: +43-1-4277-52201 (secretary) Mobile A: +43-664-602 77-522 03 Fax: +43-1-4277-9522
Director, Vienna BioCenter Core Facilities.pdf