Dear All, we have an opening for a permanent hire in my group so please send me your resumes if interested and/or please forward to anyone you know who may be looking for a terrific opportunity in biotech.
Scientist – Structural Biology
We are looking for an exemplary structural biologist to join H3 Biomedicine who enjoys working in a team environment. The candidate will assist with a range of early to late stage projects in our oncology portfolio. The candidate will be integrated into project teams to (1) enable new and support ongoing structure-based drug design efforts and (2) support our understanding of how disease mutations impact target biology in cancer. We desire an individual with passion, motivation, and ambition to further H3’s mission to improve patient lives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- As an integral member of project teams, the candidate is expected to design the best overall structural biology strategy to support each project.
- Design constructs for protein _expression_ and participate in the optimization of protein purification protocols for the generation of crystallization-grade and cryo-EM-grade proteins.
- Perform various crystal screens and follow-up optimization. Solve/interpret novel structures and provide detailed structure analysis.
- Provide regular team updates and participate in dynamic chemistry design meetings to help guide structure-based drug design efforts.
- Participate in the management of CRO relationships and possible academic collaborations.
- Ph.D. and 3-4 years of relevant postdoctoral experience in structural biology with a strong publication track record showing innovation and scientific excellence.
-Demonstrated competencies in protein engineering, including construct design, _expression_ (E coli, insect cell, and mammalian), and protein purification. Experience with multi-protein complexes is a plus.
- Extensive experience in crystallization with automation, co-crystallization, seeding, cross-seeding, soaking, harvesting, freezing, etc.
- Extensive experience with structure determination using both molecular replacement and de novo phasing techniques, and refinement. Experience with de novo phasing at low resolution (< 3.0 A) is a plus. Experience with multi-crystal data processing and scaling is a plus.
- Competence with CCP4, Coot, Pymol, and Chimera are essential. Experience with Phenix and Shelx is a plus.
- Collaborative and proactive attitude with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Flexibility to accommodate rapidly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
Additional desired qualifications:
Knowledge of drug discovery, oncology, splicing biology. Experience in biophysics, specifically with SPR and ITC. Experience with cryo-EM is a plus. Experience with relevant software, Sparx, Relion, cisTEM, etc, is also a plus.
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.