The McElroy laboratory in the College of Pharmacy at the Ohio State University is seeking a postdoctoral researcher in structural biology to support multiple drug discovery research projects.
· Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Structural Biology, or a related field
· Experience with cloning, high-level protein overexpression, and protein purification methods is required
· Experience in the methods and approaches for macromolecular crystallography is preferred
· Ability to plan and execute research projects independently and meet project deadlines is required
· Excellent problem solving, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
· Performing experiments for cloning/subcloning, protein _expression_, and purification of proteins for biochemical and structural studies; crystallization; optimizing crystallization conditions; and collecting and analyzing diffraction data.
· Performing model building and structure refinement.
· Maintaining laboratory supplies and equipment to meet the needs of research activities
· Assisting with preparation of grant proposals, presentations, and publications
The Ohio State University is well equipped with state-of-the-art equipment for molecular biology, protein purification, and crystallography, including a Mosquito crystallization robot and Rigaku X-ray generator. Please address questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and apply at https://www.jobsatosu.com/postings/83593.