For contact information and other positions, please see http://www.rcsb.org/pdb/static.do?p=general_information/about_pdb/contact/job_listings.html
Scientific Software Developer
Develop, implement, and maintain complex scientific and web-based software systems for the RCSB Protein Data Bank (RCSB PDB; http://www.rcsb.org) at the University of California San Diego (UCSD).
The Scientific Software Developer will work closely and collaboratively with other software developers and scientists at the San Diego Supercomputer Center (SDSC) and the RCSB PDB partner sites to expand RCSB.org's functionality and reliability as a premier biological data and information resource.
* Develop new scalable algorithms for the mining and analysis of the rapidly growing PDB archive using leading edge Big Data technologies. Design and implement user interfaces for the query, analysis, reporting, and visualization of 3D structural information and associated annotations.
* Integrate external database resources with RCSB PDB to provide a structural view of biology. Help lead the design of databases and data warehouses to store and aid in the query of data.
* Recommend and implement changes in software development, maintenance and system standards for analysis algorithms, tools, and infrastructure.
* Serve as a recognized expert on relevant scientific and technical aspects of the various web, web services, and database components of the RCSB PDB. Stays abreast of the latest development in structural and computational biology and new technologies.
* Applies advanced bioinformatics concepts to design, develop, modify, debug, and evaluate highly complex software programs and web tools. Translates scientific problems into scalable and maintainable software solutions that meet end user needs.