I would really appreciate if you could share the following info regarding this available position.
Best regards and thanks
We are looking for a highly motivated research technician to join the collaborative project between Sascha Martens and Kristina Djinovic Carugo, to investigate the molecular mechanisms of autophagy, which is central cellular process that protects us from various diseases at the Max F. Perutz Laboratories/Vienna Biocenter in Vienna, Austria.
The Max F. Perutz Laboratories are equipped with state of the art instrumentation/facilities to carry out all steps from cloning, protein _expression_ and purification, to X-ray diffraction, biomolecular NMR, as well as for a series of biophysical and optical spectroscopy techniques. The MFPL is located on Vienna Campus Biocenter, which is the largest life sciences hub in Austria. Vienna is frequently ranked the world’s best city to live in. It is a United Nations city with a large English-speaking community.
You will be assisting in the lab on a variety of biochemical and biophysical studies, including gene cloning, protein _expression_, purification, and characterization of purified protein by various biochemical and biophysical techniques, and protein crystallization.
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate who is enthusiastic to work in an ambitious and multidisciplinary team and fits the following profile:
• Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or a related field
• Excellent understanding of the theoretical and technical principles of common techniques in protein biochemistry and molecular biology, such as molecular cloning, protein _expression_ and purification and biophysical characterization.
• Practical experience with molecular biology, molecular cloning techniques, protein purification, and biochemistry is essential; experience in insect and/or mammalian cell culture is an asset.
• Experience with protein crystallization, biophysical characterization and structure determination will be highly valued.
• She/He should be willing to acquire further skills and contribute to the development of new methods.
• Excellent command of English (spoken and written) is a must, German skills are an asset. Computer literacy and experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential.
We offer a modern scientific environment, the possibility to learn new techniques and the active participation in ongoing research projects.
This is a full-time post for up to 2 years. The salary will be according to the FWF guidelines but can be increased depending on experience and performance. Brutto salary for 40 hours/week is EUR 2023,40.
Please send applications electronically as one pdf file (CV, letter of motivation and name of two referees) until July 19, 2017 to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
-- Department of Structural and Computational Biology Max F. Perutz Laboratories University of Vienna Vienna Biocenter (VBC), Campus Vienna Biocenter 5 A-1030 Vienna Austria e-mail: email@example.com Phone: +43-1-4277-52203 Phone: +43-1-4277-52201 (secretary) Mobile A: +43-664-602 77-522 03 Fax: +43-1-4277-9522