[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ccp4bb] Senior Scientist Position in Crystallography
Senior Scientist, X-ray Crystallography
FORMA Therapeutics, Inc. is currently seeking to recruit a highly motivated and talented X-ray crystallographer for our laboratories in Watertown, MA. This position requires an individual with an exceptional grasp of state of the art techniques as well as extensive experience in the application of modern cloning, expression and purification methodologies. The successful candidate will possess demonstrated skills in protein structure determination and in the generation of proteins for structure studies. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required, as is the desire and ability to work in a multidisciplinary, laboratory-focused environment as an integral part and leader of a drug discovery team.
• Initiate and direct external interactions with a range of contract research organizations to generate proteins for in-house or external studies in high-throughput screening, X-ray crystallography and other biophysical methods
• Coordinate these activities with members from Biology, Chemistry and the various project teams
• Facilitate the utilization of protein structures by providing expert interpretation in order to enhance the design efforts of the medicinal and computational chemists
• Monitor and evaluate completion of tasks and drive projects to decision points
• Extensive participation and leadership of project/program teams that focus on the generation of chemical matter for a target and the development and selection of clinical candidates
• Ph.D. in Chemistry/Biochemistry with 6+ years biopharmaceutical experience
• Expert knowledge of scientific principles and concepts
• Documented reputation as a leader in the field with sustained performance and accomplishment
• Demonstrated technical proficiency, scientific creativity, independent thought, and ability to effectively collaborate with others
• Experience working on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors
• Exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
• Ability to determine approaches and procedures to new assignments and must be capable of providing guidance to peers
FORMA Therapeutics' scientists are passionate about discovering and developing medicines that will make a difference in oncology and other genetically driven therapeutic areas. The Company's drug discovery engine drives screening and structure-based approaches across broad families of targets involved in tumor metabolism, epigenetics, protein homeostasis and protein-protein interactions. Leveraging a world class network of academic investigators, clinical experts and corporate partners, FORMA combines deep biological insight and chemistry expertise to rapidly create high quality, innovative drug candidates.
FORMA is headquartered in Watertown, MA near the epicenter of the Cambridge Life Sciences cluster, with additional chemistry operations in Branford, CT. www.formatherapeutics.com
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference job code CD14-02.
No phone calls please. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted.