Schrödinger, a computational chemistry company funded in part by Bill Gates, has over 300 engineers, computational chemists, medicinal chemists, structural biologists, biochemists, biologists and support staff, all dedicated to revolutionizing drug discovery through the development and use of breakthrough computational methods. Through significant long-term investments in basic research, we have made scientific advancements across many areas of drug discovery and have contributed hundreds of peer-reviewed scientific publications, which are frequently among the most heavily cited in their fields. These advancements have been instrumental in the success of our structure-based drug discovery efforts (https://www.schrodinger.com/publications, https://www.schrodinger.com/news).
We are seeking an expert in developing and applying methods to create and refine structural models created from near-atomic-resolution single-particle cryo-EM experiments of proteins. This expert will work from our New York office. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to develop and validate algorithms to locally refine protein models using a combination of experimental data and statistical or physical potentials.
- Work as part of a collaborative team to create and validate new technologies designed to produce high-confidence structural models from near-atomic-resolution cryo-EM of proteins
- Work with the drug discovery group to deploy these new technologies to active projects
- Ph.D. in computational chemistry, biochemistry, biophysics, or a related field with peer-reviewed publications in the field
- Experience working with and/or extending existing protein structure prediction or homology modeling packages such as Rosetta, Modeller, Prime, etc.
- Experience working with data from single-particle cryo-electron microscopy
- Experience with scripted or compiled programming languages
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Experience working with pharmaceutically relevant systems such as kinases, GPCRs, transferases, etc
- Broad knowledge of computational chemistry techniques and their applications to the drug discovery process
- Object oriented software development experience following good engineering practices
Benefits include medical, dental, 401(k), flexible spending account, vacation, tuition reimbursement, and a flexible work schedule.
Schrödinger is an equal opportunity employer.
If interested, please apply through our website: https://www.schrodinger.com/careers/scientists/senior-scientist-cryo-em-model-fitting