Associate Research Scientist (Job Number:
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease.
Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in
our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs
that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
As a key member of the Molecular Structure & Design group, the successful candidate will be responsible for crystallization, purification and biophysical characterization
of recombinant proteins using knowledge of conventional and affinity chromatography methods, gel electrophoresis, crystallization, and general laboratory procedures. As a member of a team involved in the early stages of discovery, the position requires close
collaboration with molecular biologists, protein scientists and structural biologists as well as scientists working in the various disease biology and translational areas within preclinical research. The candidate must be self-motivated, possess excellent
communication skills, and work both independently as well as in teams. Personal attributes of integrity and scientific creativity are required.
- BS/MS in Biochemistry, Structural Biology or related field required
- 2-5 years experience required
- Carry out protein crystallization experiments, crystallization optimization, crystal harvesting for proteins, protein-ligand complexes, and protein-protein complexes
and X-ray data collection.
- Use crystallization automation equipment (liquid handlers, drop setters, imagers, etc.)
- Carry out protein purification / biophysical characterization as well as thoroughly understands protein chromatography principles.
- Capable of independently designing experiments, generating data and interpreting results; demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Possesses strong communication skills – be a good listener, have strong, concise, and consistent written and oral communication skills.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer - Vet/Disability