Not to be confused with our previous job posting - please note the earlier deadline (5th of February) for this one!
The Department of Chemistry at The University of York is seeking to appoint a high-calibre researcher in glycoscience with a clear vision to lead their own programme of excellent research, which will complement that of Professor Gideon Davies, FRS FMedSci and other members of the York Structural Biology Laboratory (YSBL). The role is available at any level and we welcome interest from talented academics with an impressive research profile appropriate to the level of application and a collegiate approach to their work.
We would particularly welcome applications from researchers with a track record in chemical biology approaches to mammalian glycoscience; preferably with biomedical aspects. You will join a department renowned internationally for its research. Combined with a dedication to high-quality teaching and excellent student satisfaction, we are recognised consistently for our family-friendly policies and are proud of our Athena SWAN Gold Award.
Key Requirements (viewed relative to the level of post applied for – see candidate briefs for more details):
- PhD in a Chemical or Biochemical Science
- Demonstrated expertise in a field/fields central to glycoscience
- Ability to undertake high-quality research and publish in leading, peer-reviewed journals
- Ability to define, lead, manage and attract funds for research, operating across disciplinary boundaries
- Experience of and commitment to teaching and learning at undergraduate level.
- Demonstrable capacity for creative thinking and planning
- Substantial recent publication record in leading peer-reviewed journal
- Evidence of national and/or international collaboration
Deadline for applications: 05/02/2017