iology) is available in the RAS initiative
at Frederick National
Laboratory for Cancer Research (operated by Leidos Biomedical Research for NCI)
The structural biology group in the RAS initiative focuses on structural analysis of KRAS mutants and biologically relevant KRAS activator/effector complexes in support of drug discovery efforts and to further understand the biochemistry of RAS proteins. We are looking for a highly motivated post
to join our group. Highly motivated candidates who recently obtained a Ph.D. with a strong background in biochemistry, biophysics and structural biology are encouraged to apply. This post
will work closely with the protein production group and carry out structural studies on oncogenic KRAS complexed with effectors, GAPs, regulators and small molecules. We use X-ray crystallography, NMR, molecular modeling, and other biophysical techniques for structural characterization.
The candidate will be expected to be able to participate in experimental design and to independently conduct experiments in a priority-driven environment. The candidate should have the ability to act both independently and as a part of the RAS team in pursuit of specific research goals and objectives. The structural biology group in the RAS initiative works very closely with the biochemistry and biophysics group, and is well equipped with crystallization robotics, in-house X-ray generator, and has regular access to the synchrotron beamline at Argonne.Qualifications:
- Possession of a doctoral degree from an accredited college/university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) in a field related to structural biology, biochemistry, biophysics or computational biology
- Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- Demonstrated proficiency in protein biochemical and biophysical characterization
- Ability to act both independently and as a part of the RAS team in pursuit of specific research goals and objectives
- Ability to conduct experiments and evaluate results independently
- Experience in crystallization and structure determination of protein-ligand and protein-protein complexes
- Experience working with small GTPases or RAS-related effector proteins and Knowledge of molecular dynamics simulations and protein-ligand docking.