We have the following 2019 summer intern position available. If you are interested please apply at https://merck.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=ADM009828
Corey Strickland, Ph.D.
Director, Structural Sciences
Merck Research Labs
2015 Galloping Hill Road
Kenilworth, NJ 07033
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
The Structural Sciences group within Merck Research Laboratories located in Kenilworth, NJ, is seeking a summer intern. The intern will function as a fully-integrated member of a structural biology team, consisting of X-ray crystallographers, protein biochemists, and molecular biologists.
The job will involve the crystallization of monoclonal antibodies for drug delivery and purification. The intern will apply various purification methods to generate proteins suitable for crystallization. Day-to-day research will focus on using techniques in protein biochemistry and biophysics to formulate and characterize these samples and setup crystallization experiments. The intern will be responsible for accurate electronic notebook recording, safe laboratory practices, and presentation of data and their interpretation to a team of scientists. The intern will also attend departmental and team meetings to gain a wider perspective on the drug development process in the pharmaceutical industry.
We are seeking intern candidates with strong academic performance, communication skills, teamwork, and the ability to work in a cross-functional environment.
This is a full- time internship position. Housing subsidy is not available as part of this program and must be funded 100% by the student.
· Required: Candidates must be a currently enrolled in a Ph.D. program in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, structural biology or related discipline.
Required Experience and Skills:
· Candidates must be available to work full-time for up to (12) consecutive weeks beginning in May or June of 2019.
· Candidates must have completed at least (1) year of study toward Ph.D. degree by June of 2019.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
· Candidates should have significant interest in protein crystallization and protein structure/function.
· Candidates should understand basic laboratory skills and safe lab practices.
· Candidates should have prior research experience such as: molecular biology, protein _expression_ & purification, protein characterization using biochemical and biophysical techniques and/or protein crystallization
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
Notice: This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains
To unsubscribe from the CCP4BB list, click the following link: