Applicants are invited for a direct field sales position in the
Rigaku Oxford Diffraction group covering a central European territory. The primary responsibilities are to acquire new customers while retaining and growing the existing installed customer base for products related to
X-ray diffraction of small molecules (chemical crystallography), macromolecules (macromolecular crystallography) and biological X-ray scattering (BioSAXS) techniques. You will be responsible for actively driving and guiding all activities of the sales process.
- Effectively communicate the value, features and benefits of Rigaku instruments to our existing and prospective customers.
- Drive and guide all aspects of the sales cycle – prospecting, arranging product demonstrations, quoting, negotiating and closing
- Must be able to quickly and accurately communicate details from the customer to our internal resources and back again.
- Work closely with the applications team to develop effective strategies.
- Build rapport with customers.
- Quickly and accurately coordinate responses for public tenders.
Experience and Skills
- Highly self-motivated to excel in sales.
- Proven experience of presenting to a scientific audience
- Enthusiastic, professional, competitive and driven to succeed.
- Experience in customer service, applications or sales in any form of X-ray diffraction or related field is preferred.
- Science degree or PhD, ideally Chemistry or Structural Biology.
- Excellent people skills to interact with both colleagues and customers
- Must be prepared, and be able to travel without restriction both within and outside Europe (inc USA) for a significant proportion of time (approximately 50%).
- Full and clean driving license.
- UK or continental Europe - close to a well-served airport.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
All applications should be received before 31st August 2016
Rigaku Europe is an equal opportunities employer.
Candidates that meet the stated qualifications should send their CV and a cover letter to:
Mark Benson PhD
General Manager – Global Sales
Rigaku Oxford Diffraction